Are you new to the wonderful world of Binoculars? Are you going to purchase one? There are certain features that have to be considered while purchasing it. Are you sad that you know nothing about binoculars and puzzled how to select a proper one? Do not worry. You are not alone. Many people who purchase binoculars does not know about what features to be considered while purchasing. If you are also one among them then go through the below guide which gives you an understanding about the features that have to be considered.
Generally a binocular comes with a specification of a two numbers; AxB. These two numbers are more than enough to understand the features of the binocular you choose.
* Magnification: This indicates how magnified the object will appear when you look at it with your binocular. When the binocular has “AxB” as the specification, then A represents the magnified value which means the object will appear ‘A’ times bigger than the original.
* Aperture: The second number “B” indicates the aperture value. This has to be considered mainly when your goal is to purchase a binocular for night vision. Higher the “B” value more accurately you will be able to view in the dark. So, when you want to purchase the best binoculars for stargazing, better concentrate on this value. The value “B” also indicates the diameter of the objective lens. As this value increases, the weight of the binocular will also increase.
* Field of view: This value would be specified in degrees outside the binocular. This is related to the magnification value “A”. As the magnification value increases, smaller would be the field of value which means as you are able to view the object closely, you will not get to have many views. So, this is an important feature when you have to choose binoculars for hunting and on a boat.
* Exit pupil: When you divide the second number “B” by the first number “A” you will get a result between 4 and 8. This value indicates the exit pupil. This value should be equal or smaller than the pupil of your eye.
* Pupil distance: Most binocular can be adjusted to fit the pupil distance. If the Inter pupil distance is too less then you have to go for compact option.
* Eye relief: This is the value which indicates the distance between the lens held and the eye. If you are one who wears glasses then long eye relief ones are the best buy binoculars for you as the glasses would increase the distance between your eye and the lens.
After knowing all the above features, it would be easy for one to choose a binocular that are suitable for self and the purpose of purchase. This information would be enough to look at various reviews and narrow down your search. Apart from the features, the other main thing to be considered is the budget. If you are stricter on the budget, you can also check various
reviews which would list the best binoculars under 100 dollars. If you are not strict on budget, go for the best brand that would provide you with all the options you need.